Curious, Eccentric, Eclectic Musings about Life, Loves and (Most Important) Food....


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Smoothie "Cool"

Dare I say it?  Is the sun actually trying to wrest winter away from the earth?  I sure hope so....  In honor of some warmer days, I include, today, my favorite way to get my day started....

Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie (recipe for 2, cut in half if for 1)

1 banana
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup frozen mixed fruit (don't let it thaw before mixing)
2 tbsp wheat germ (available in the cereal section of your grocery store--this is a high powered good for you food!!!)
1 tsp honey (use a local honey from your local farmer's market....not the grocery store brand--I promise eating the local honey will help your allergies)



Then use an immersion blender (preferred method, but it would work in a blender as well.  It will become thick and frothy and oh, what goodness!!!!



Enjoy!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to make smoothies but I just never seem to take the time. I really need to. These look super delicious, good for you and easy.

    ReplyDelete