Curious, Eccentric, Eclectic Musings about Life, Loves and (Most Important) Food....


Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Hot" Lemon Pepper Shrimp

I love shrimp and I am so fortunate to live in the backyard of "Shrimp Heaven."  In Pensacola, we have one of the top tourist attractions in the state, but I prefer to call Joe Patti Seafood "my seafood market" (me and 100,000 other Pensacolians).  Ever since I discovered that (for only $1 more a lb) I could buy "fresh" shrimp already shelled and deveined with the tails on, I have been in "shrimp" love.  I created this dish after I stopped by the fish market one Friday night and left with a lb of shrimp.  When I arrived at home, I took a peek in my pantry and just started pulling cans, boxes, etc....out.  The result below.....yummy!!!

box thin whole wheat spaghetti noodles (about 1/2 lb)
3-4 cloves fresh garlic
1 onion
1 16oz can artichoke hearts (quartered)
1 whole lemon
lemon pepper seasoning
1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
3 tbs olive oil
3 tbs butter
2 tbs white wine
breadcrumbs

Cook the noodles according to package directions and drain and set aside.  Add 3 tbs. olive oil to large saute pan.  Saute chopped onion and garlic until tender then add artichoke hearts and saute for about 3-5 minutes.  Add 3 tbs. butter and 2 tbs white wine and juice of whole lemon.  Saute for 3-5 minutes longer.  Sprinkle some lemon pepper seasoning.  Add cooked pasta and mix well.  Take off heat and cover.  In a cast iron skillet or another saute pan, spray lightly with olive oil.  Rinse shrimp and dredge in breadcrumbs mixed with about 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning (breadcrumbs on shrimp should be a light coating).  Saute shrimp for approx. 2- 3 minutes on medium heat on both sides (turn when shrimp looks pink....keep your eye on this process).  When finished, plate the spaghetti and veggies and add shrimp....top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped italian parsley.
Enjoy.....
 

4 comments:

  1. I miss Joe Patti's :( I never appreciated that place until I moved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, darn you, hubby is down there now on a business trip, and he has not mentioned restaurants or where the guys are dining...I am alone with my chickpea salad, but I will say I miss the south and the fact all you can eat shrimp fest! So expensive up here!

    Salad looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are lucky people to have Joe Patti's in our backyard. We also discovered the peeled and deveined shrimp awhile ago and what a time saver. Your shrimp meal looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cheap and peel and devein my shrimp - but I will walk miles (and need to in MN) for fresh shrimp. Looks so scrumptious...

    ReplyDelete